- Paper, some plastic, food and cardboard are recycled, minimising the amount we send to landfill
- Wherever possible we send back to the supplier the packaging they deliver to us, esp vegetables and fish deliveries
- About 85% of our food is bought from local suppliers, grown in the area or caught locally
- Less than 1% of our food comes from supermarkets
- We try to be seasonal with our menus
- We founded and continue to support the Dartmouth Food Festival which aims to promote awareness of good food, provenance and cooking skills
- We believe that is is very important to employ locals to work in our business on a full time basis. This enables local people to continue to live locally, and ensures that our guests can take advantage of their local knowledge.